What We Believe
Our Beliefs & Values
At Parkwood, the emphasis is on God’s Word, accurately and perfectly provided by the King James Version of the Holy Bible, which is inspired, infallible and inerrant.
The unofficial motto, “Standing firm on the Book, the Blood, and the Blessed Hope,” is a summary of the ministry, which serves the Upstate as an independent, autonomous Baptist church.
Psalm 119:89 declares that “forever, O LORD, thy Word is settled in Heaven,” and decades of study have proven the KJV to be without error.
I Peter 1:18-19 states that “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things … but with the precious blood of Christ.” The blood cleanses believers of sins past and future.
In Titus 2:11-13, Paul reminds that the grace of God brings opportunity of salvation to all and declares “we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ.”
We also believe:
- Salvation is available to all. (“Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.” (I John 4:15).
- God is one God, manifesting Himself in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (John 10:30; 1 John 5:7; 2 Cor. 13:14)
- Jesus came to earth as God manifest in the flesh. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died freely to pay the sin debt for all who chose to believe, rose from the dead, and is now sitting at the right hand of God. (John 1:12,14; Matt. 1:18-23; Rom. 4:25; John 20:26-29; Col. 3:1; 1 Tim. 2:5-6).
- Eternal life is a gift to all who choose to accept it. (John 3:15-16; John 10:28; John 6:47)
- Christ will one day return to claim believers in what we call the rapture. (1 Thess. 4:16-17, Rev.4:1).
- Seven years later, He will return to earth to preside over the Millennial Reign, a 1,000-year period when the earth will enjoy peace. (Rev. 19:11-16; Matt. 25:31-46; Acts 1:10-11; Jude 10,11; Rev. 20:1-3; Isa. 9:6-7; Zech. 8:20-23; Isa. 2:1-4).
- Salvation comes by faith in Jesus and it is for all who will repent and believe the message of His life, death and resurrection. (John 3:16-17; Acts 16;30-31; Rom. 10:9-13; Luke 13:3; 1 Tim 2:4).
The Blessed Hope
“But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.”